Spring is here, and with its arrival comes a multitude of special occasions. We know that flowers make any event more beautiful, but the floral designers at Adrian Durban Florist take it a step further. We create completely custom corsages, boutonnieres, nosegays and more for spring dances and proms, graduation ceremonies – and don’t forget Mother’s Day! Here are a few facts and tips you may find interesting about formal wearable flowers.
* Corsages and boutonnieres were originally worn as a protection against evil spirits and diseases.
* The terms for these flowers are both French in origin. The word corsage is a shortened version of the original bouquet de corsage, literally “bouquet of the bodice”. The word boutonniere means “little button”, indicating the flower worn in the buttonhole of a suit jacket.
* Corsages were originally worn on the center of the bodice, but now can also be worn on one shoulder, or fastened to the waist.
* The wrist corsage is the most popular version of the wearable flowers today.
* Roses, lilies, and orchids are the most common flowers used in formal flowers, but virtually any flower – and even succulents – can be used for beautiful and unique arrangements.
We make completely custom corsages and boutonnieres for every occasion. After so many years of designing beautiful wearable flowers, we have a lot of expertise and can recommend the best florals for your color palette, or the best colors to use with your dress. Although many people look to match the flowers perfectly to the gown, we know that complimentary hues and interesting textures sometimes make for the most striking florals.
When you are looking for flowers to wear to spring dances, proms, and other seasonal events in Cincinnati, the designers at Adrian Durban Florist should be your first call.