“I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.” – Emma Goldman
June is National Rose Month, which affords us he chance to shower accolades on this beautiful flower that we love year-round. Roses have always symbolized beauty and love – and have even represented political parties and warring factions. Whether posh garden blooms or elegant long stems, the rose is a classic flower which is a traditional part of the most special occasions in our lives. From anniversaries to promotions to birthday celebrations, nothing will make them feel more special than a beautiful rose. And Adrian Durban Florist is here to provide the bouquets, designs, and custom arrangements you’ll need to set the mood.
To observe National Rose Month, we have collected some interesting trivia- all about roses!
* There are approximately 150 species of rose in the world.
* There are over 4,000 songs about roses which have been written and recorded.
* Rose bushes have a remarkable possible life span. The Cathedral of Hildesheim in Germany has a
rose bush in its garden that has been growing and continuously blooming for over 1,000 years.
* The first person to cultivate roses in the United States was George Washington.
* The land mass of Southern Africa’s Zambia is more than 80% covered in roses!
* Roses have always been deemed rich and luxurious. As far back as the middle ages, the flower’s petals and oils were
used to perfume the baths of royalty.
* In the language of roses, different colors symbolize different emotions – red reflects romantic passion, orange
symbolizes infatuation, pink signifies gratitude, and yellow denotes friendship.
* Although black roses are very popular, they don’t actually exist. They are, in actuality, very dark red.
Adrian Durban Florist is Cincinnati’s best place for the beautiful plants and flowers – to celebrate National Rose Month, give us a call. We have everything you need, and we deliver!