International Women’s Day is a yearly celebration of the achievements of women from around the world. The initiative began over a century ago, and the movement has seen many historic victories, as well as many challenges. As a global collaboration, Women’s Day recognizes that the status of women can be very different from nation to nation, and therefore organizers ask women and men everywhere to come together in solidarity for the rights and equality of all women.
There are organized events in 33 U.S.cities and 20 countries, although nearly 100 countries recognize the day. But at Adrian Durban Florist, we also know that there are amazing women changing the world every day – right here in Cincinnati! We provide the flowers that celebrate them all year long.
Who in your world deserves respect and admiration?
* The teacher who inspires young minds and gives the confidence to succeed
* The mentor who invests their time in after school programs to help teenagers
* The advocate who speaks out on behalf of the underprivileged and unheard
* The mom who is raising compassionate children who care about others
* The businesswoman who provides jobs and opportunities to the community.
There are flowers that will convey the exact sentiment that you are feeling – protea and gladioli signify strength and courage; palms represent victory, pink roses and hydrangea stand for gratitude, and gerbera daisies for joy. Speak to one of our expert floral designers to create a custom bouquet that reflects her perfectly.
We are surrounded by women who are changing the world each and every day. Whether on a global scale or the local level – you can recognize their contributions, and show your support with gorgeous bouquets or arrangements from Adrian Durban Florist.